What is the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo?
Who should attend this event?
Why should you attend?
- The PPDM Association is excited to bring back our more diverse and interactive event - the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo, April 9 & 10, 2019, at the Westin Houston Memorial City. Attendees at this year’s event can look forward to building their own experience with multiple streams of presentations, panel discussions and interactive sessions on a variety of themes.We are keeping our drastically reduced prices for 2019. The Agenda is now available!
- We know there are many conferences out there – so why attend the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo?
- Learn – stay current with what’s new and changing in both the data management, and oil and gas industry. Hear about the latest innovations, processes and techniques implemented by other organizations and what they learned
- Connect – network with your peers and colleagues in a comfortable atmosphere. Meet new people or catch up with old friends. This event will focus on Interactive sessions, so much more than just the traditional 'death by PowerPoint' conference.
- Reach – market your business effectively directly to petroleum data managers by sponsoring or exhibiting at the Sensation. Make new key contacts and keep your current clients up to date on your latest innovations.
- Develop – learn about professional development opportunities and how you can improve your own performance.
- And so much more…
- An Event Guide is available with additional information about this event.
- Are you a student interested in attending the Houston Professional Petroleum Expo or volunteering at this event? Contact email@example.com to get your discount code. Make sure you have your free student membership active on our website!
- The Agenda is now available!. You can learn more about our speakers and their talks in our Abstracts documents for Day One and Day Two.
- The main theme for the Houston Expo is "Digital Transformation - Is Your Data Strategy An Enabler or Disabler?".
- The Schedule for the Houston Expo is available in our Agenda
- April 9, 2019
- Welcome and PPDM Update
- Personal Branding
- Amazon’s Culture of Innovation
- Panel Discussion: PPDM’s Board of Directors
- Taking Data to New Heights: Literally Offshore Acquisition Directly to Cloud
- Data Science Management
- Assessing The Value and ROI of Data Management Initiatives
- Anadarko Core Store- Corporate Core Data Repository
- Predictions for 2019
- Data Quality - Integrity - Security - Cybersecurity And What You Need To Know
- Chevron Wiki and Data Foundations
- Well Planning Effectiveness Gained Through Business Process Analysis and Data Management
- The Future of Data Management: Analytics will Become The New Normal
- Network Analysis of Oil & Gas Big Datasets
- CPDA: What It Is, Why I Wanted It, Why We Need It, and How To Sell It!
- Having Confidence In Data Quality Metrics
- Maintaining Geospatial Integrity by Implementing a Robust Framework
- Well Milestone Discussion
- Capturing the Value From Mudlogs Using Crowdsourced Application Development
- “Dark Data” Analytics
- The Economics of Data Quality- A Case Study
- Importance of a Strong Foundation
- April 10, 2019
- How Blockchain Can Drive Digital Transformation in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Challenges and Lesson Learned With Data Analytics
- Implementing ETL, Master Data Management, Data Warehouse And Analytics in 9 weeks. Is it Really Possible?
- What Is A Completion Training
- geoLOGIC systems Sponsor Presentation
- A Bright Technology Future for Upstream Oil & Gas - Yogi Schulz
- How Blockchain Could Save Seismic
- Optimizing Visualization for Rapid Geospatial Analysis
- Data As An Asset- Say It Like You Mean It!
- Living Labs: A Capability Supporting A Culture (Sponsor Presentation by Infosys Consulting)
- LEAN Process Improvement In Data Delivery
- PPDM Rules Interactive
- Extracting Information From Wells Logs Using Computer Vision
- PPDM Professional Development Committee - Defining Job Families Workshop
- Sponsor Presentation by Stonebridge Consulting
- Reliable Transfer of Trust Metadata Drives Efficiencies in Data Management
- Case Studies on Digitalization in E&P Organizations in 2018
- Equinor's Blockchain Journey
- The Digital Transformation
- How Does Data Management Fit in Your Organization
- Department of Interior Metadata Implementation Guide- Framework for Development
- The Overlooked Dataset With Reservoir Insights
- What Does The Commercial Impact of Blockchain Mean to You?
- Can the PPDM Data Model Help Accelerate Agile Master Data Management Deployment?
- Any Transformation Such as Digital Only Happens if People Buy In It. How Do You Get Ready for It?
- Classification and Metadata Extraction Using Machine Learning
- Wrestling the Data Quality Bull - Take Data By the Horns and Tame It
- Digital Transformation @Scale Powered by an Effective Data Strategy
- Startups & Innovation - Panel Discussion
- Expanding The Definition of Digital Twin with IIoT
- The Digital Transformation of the Workforce
- Predictive Maintenance for Rod Pumps Using Machine Learning
- Digitizing wells to generate real-time data, analytics and optimize completions
- RPA - Creating Your Own Digital Workforce
- Panel of Operators: Open Subsurface Data Universe
- Closing Remarks
- Sponsors are key to making this event a success! The sponsor deadline has now passed. We hope you'll take a moment to meet with each of this year's sponsors.
Become an Exhibitor
Visit our Exhibitors
- In conjunction with the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo, we will be hosting a Tradeshow to showcase your products and services directly to our attendees. Our Exhibitor Deadline has now passed. We hope you'll take time to stop by the booths for each of our exhibitors, also available on our Exhibitor Layout.
- geoLOGIC systems (Platinum Sponsor) - With decades of experience, strong government, regulatory and partner relationships, and proven systems and processes, we provide industry leading data solutions for thousands of clients.
- EnergyIQ - EnergyIQ helps E&P companies of all sizes transform business to be more efficient with less risk by establishing, managing, and sharing trusted data throughout the Well Lifecycle. Built on 90+ years of domain and technical expertise, the EnergyIQ solution suite and expert services solve the most complex data management challenges.
- Bahwan Cybertek - BCT Oil and Gas is a division of BCT (Bahwan CyberTek), an expansion of BCT's software, services and consulting business. Our dedicated team of developers and technical experts have in-depth knowledge of Oil and Gas Geo-technical Applications, Integration, and Data Standards, which makes BCT Oil & Gas a natural partner for any organization.
- Wipro - Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.
- Tape Ark & SeisInfo- Tape Ark liberates seismic data from tape to cloud, giving it back to the client and making it instantly and economically accessible to them when and where they want it. SeisInfo then empowers the user to organise, access and manage that seismic data in the cloud, fuelling innovation, discovery and optimising production and profitability.
- WellDrive - Utilize ALL your data with the most advanced data capture and well portal system. WellDrive is a full-service system that provides secure online access to your well data. It is a faster, more secure, and easier way to put information in the hands of the people who need it.
- Land Information Services - Land Information Services is the premier Land back-office provider, offering a wide variety of outsourcing services and helping companies turn their data into true value potential. LIS also provides LandVantage, a revolutionary full-service Land and Land Administration asset and workflow management software perfect for companies of all shapes and sizes
- The Open Group- The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. The Open Group Open Subsurface Data Universe™ Forum is focused on developing a standard data platform that will bring together exploration, development, and wells data. This will result in faster delivery of capabilities, and lower implementation and lifecycle costs across the Subsurface Community. For more information visit www.opengroup.org/OSDU
- IHS Markit - EDM for Energy is a flexible data management platform that integrates with any database, application or file structure to pull disparate data types from multiple sources into a central hub. EDM creates consistent versions of the truth in a traceable, audited environment. It benefits energy companies through greater control of their data, increased transparency, seamless integration with consuming applications and support for ongoing compliance.
- CGI - CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. CGI’s Exploration2Revenue (X2R) is an integrated portfolio of solutions and services for managing the upstream back office more efficiently. X2R is part of our integrated BPO and ITO solution, CGI AgileEnergy360. Learn more at cgi.com/us/oil-gas.
- DataCo - DataCo delivers Data and Information Management services to the upstream oil and gas industry, supported by advanced Data Science and Analytics. Our Data and Information Management Specialists provide unbiased expert advice founded of years of experience in our field. Services are delivered from our global hubs in the Asia Pacific region, Europe, and the USA”
- Schlumberger - Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing; suppling the most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production. Software integrated Solutions (SIS) is the the world’s largest supplier of E&P software and digital solutions for the oil & gas industry.
- Melin LLC - Melin Data Management is a software company helping organizations better manage their data. Our data governance software, IrisDG, helps enterprise teams streamline data governance operations from definition thru implementation and management. To learn more, visit www.irisdg.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Informatica - Digital transformation is changing our world. As the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management, we’re prepared to provide you with the foresight to realize new growth opportunities. We invite you to explore all that Informatica has to offer—and unleash the power of data to drive your next intelligent disruption.
- Talus Technologies - Talus Technologies brings the subsurface to your desktop with Exploration Archives. Exploration Archives is a software application for managing seismic and well data. Our software suite supports data acquisition, quality control, storage, cataloguing, and exporting and downloading data to a workstation.
- Ovation Data Services - Ovation Data, Your Total Data Management Solutions Company. Ovation Data Services specialize in data management services to the E&P industry. We provide data storage, management and preservation solutions for data that is too complex for conventional tools. We simplify the process with practical tools and create ideal solutions that match your business workflow.
- Premier Oilfield Group - At Premier Oilfield Group we believe the data-driven oil and gas industry is here, and that generating and sharing relevant data from rock and fluid samples is the key to more effective and efficient hydrocarbon development.
- The FerVID Group
- Ripcord - Ripcord uses integrated hardware robotics, machine learning & AI to transform your unstructured paper and digital content into searchable, structured information. Enrich, harvest and store your content securely and effectively in the cloud to gain a better understanding of your information assets to improve decisions, drive automation and pinpoint key opportunities or risk.
Plan Your Trip
- The Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo will be at the Westin Houston Memorial City located at 945 Gessner Road, Houston, Texas. All Expo activities will be located on the 4th floor of the Westin Houston Memorial City in multiple rooms. Visit the agenda to see a map and layout.
Transportation & Parking
- A room block has been set up at the with the Westin Houston Memorial City for a single rate starting at $199 plus taxes/night. The room block has passed but you can try booking online at online or directly through the Reservations Department at 1-800-934-8461 or 1-800-228-3000.
- Self-Parking is available onsite at a 50% discounted rate for attendees. Tickets will be available onsite to get you the discount - please stop by our Registration Desk to get your ticket prior to leaving.
- For those travelling from outside of the USA, please review the eligibility requirements with the Government of the United States. If you require a letter of introduction to attend, please email email@example.com with your contact information.
Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more individuals. Other discounts such as student, speaker or sponsorship codes may apply. When multiple discounts are available, only the highest discount rate will apply. Discounts are not retroactive, so please contact us PRIOR to registering to get your promotional code.
For more information on registration, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, or group pricing please contact Elise Sommer. Please note that all PPDM Events may be photographed for PPDM Marketing Materials. If you do not wish your photograph used in PPDM Materials, please contact Elise Sommer
Cancellation Policy: Please visit our Terms and Conditions under "PPDM Events" to view our cancellation policy