What is the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo?
Who should attend this event?
Why should you attend?
- The PPDM Association is excited to bring back our more diverse and interactive event - the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo, October 25-26, 2021 at the Westin Houston Memorial City. Attendees at this year’s event can look forward to building their own experience with multiple streams of presentations, panel discussions and interactive sessions on a variety of themes. This event is being organized in-person.
The Agenda is now available for download! Visit our agenda tab for more information.
Special Notes: Safety Procedures including masks, social distancing
checks, waivers, etc, may be in place for this event to ensure
everyone's safety. As circumstances continue to evolve, any restrictions
or venue changes will be updated on this website and to registrants.
the PPDM Association encourages attendees to wear face coverings for
in-person events. Please visit the Plan Your Trip tab for more information.
- We know there are many conferences out there – so why attend the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo? With five stages of presentations, discussions and sessions for two days, you can build your own event experience on a variety of topics including analytics, the cloud, digital transformation and more. Your registration includes all presentations, meals, the cocktail reception, networking breaks and more. And all this starts at only $219 USD for members!
- For those who attend and fill out our event survey, you'll be entered to win one of the new Apple Watch Series 7 that are now sold out everywhere, it is a 45mm, GPS+ Cellular in Midnight with blood oxygen level and ECG! Thanks to our survey sponsor, WellDrive. You do have to be in the room to win.
- Are you a student interested in attending the Houston Professional Petroleum Expo or volunteering at this event? Contact email@example.com to get your discount code. Make sure you have your free student membership active on our website!
Theme & Call For Abstracts
- The main theme for the Houston Expo is "Adapting, Surviving, and Thriving with Data." Our abstract deadline for this event has passed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For the full and up to date Agenda, please download the PDF copy. Attendees will be able to enjoy many presentations including:
- October 25, 2021
- PPDM Update - Trudy Curtis (PPDM Association)
- Keynote Presentation - Greg Leveille
- PPDM Update - Trudy Curtis (PPDM Association)
- The Paths to the Cleanest and Most Economic Industry in the World - Lewis Matthews (Project Geminae)
- PPDM Association Board of Directors Panel Discussion
- Data & Digital Transformation in Upstream - Orestes Appel (IBM)
- Alleviate Hydrocarbon Data Management Challenges Using Cloud Computing on Non-Operated Assets - Sethupathi Arumugam, Vimal Amaldas and Sanjay Gupta (infosys)
- Enterprise Knowledge Graphs (EKG) in O&G: Demonstrating the value of KGs for the data-driven organization - Jacob Thawabi & Sachin Padhye (Infosys)
- Geoscience Data - Connecting Dots - Boris Makarov & Fariha Alam (Apache)
- PPDM Association Board of Directors - Strategy Discussion - Curley Thomas (PPDM Association Board of Directors)
- 10 Things I hated about Subsurface Data Management - Until OSDU - Jane McConnell (TeraData)
- America's Energy Pathways: LNG, Infrastructure and Digital Transformation - Mark Stansberry (the GTD Group)
- The OSDU Data Platform: The Promise and the Journey - Patrick Meroney and James Lamb (Katalyst Data Management)
- Extending OSDU with the Geospatial Consumption Zone (GCZ) - Brian Boulmay (ESRI)
- October 26, 2021
- Keynote Presentation - Applying WIAW Taxonomy Within Chevron - John Thibeaux, Curley Thomas & James Pipe (Chevron)
- A Quick Primer on Graph Databases for E&P Applications - Yogi Schulz (Corvelle Consulting)
- Smart Well Monitoring and Optimization Powered By Machine Learning - Sunil Garg & Samir Jain (DataVedik)
- Murphy's Seismic Data Management Journey in the Midst of Change - Mery Clark (Murphy Oil)
- Professionalizing our Discipline, 2021 and Beyond - Patrick Meroney & Cindy Cummings (Professional Development Committee)
- Graph DB and AI Based Data Analysis for Oil and Gas Use Cases - Nishanth Raj (Deloitte Consulting)
- Seismic in the Cloud - That's Easy and Cheap, Right? - Neil Constantine, Lisa Buckner & Douglas Fisby (Sword Energy)
- International Petroleum Data Standards Presentation
- A Cloud Data Competency Framework for Oil and Gas - Jess Kozman (Katalyst Data Management)
- Digital Transformation in Well Cost Management - Venkataraman Sankaran & Nirav Gandhi (Infosys)
- Digital Transformation Winners: Competitive Advantage of Secure Efficiency - Norman Thorlakson (Xage Security)
- Serverless Data Management for PPDM Using Opensource Software - Vidar Andresen (Petrodataonline)
- Putting the PEOPLE first in People, Process and Technology - Shawn New & Sue Carr (Katalyst Data Management)
- Data Trust & Curation Starts at the Source - Philippe Flichy (Endeavor)
- Trends in Data Management and Governance - Trudy Curtis (PPDM Association)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Quantification Challenges - Ali Sangster (IHS Markit)
- This Old Data - Let's Talk about Being Smart Using Data You Don't Know About - Ellen West Nodwell (Integrashare Dimensions)
- Data Intelligence Based Business Intelligence - Duncan McDonald (Quorum)
- The Value of the CPDA During the Energy Transition - Renee Porter (Petroleum Data Management Certification Committee)
- And More...
- Sponsors are key to making this event a success! Learn how you can be one of our sponsors in our Sponsorship Kit. The deadline to be a sponsor is October 4, 2021.
Become an Exhibitor
Visit our Exhibitors
- In conjunction with the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo, we will be hosting a Tradeshow to showcase your products and services directly to our attendees. Learn about what comes with an Exhibitor Booth in our Sponsorship Kit. The deadline to be a sponsor was October 4, 2021. You can access the current Exhibitor Layout here. Exhibitors can access their info sheet here.
- Snowflake - Organizations use Snowflake's Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads across multiple clouds and geographies. Organizations, including 212 of the 2021 Fortune 500 as of July 31, 2021, use Snowflake’s Data Cloud to power their businesses. Learn more at snowflake.com.
- Confluent - Confluent is building the foundational platform for data in motion. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
- Katalyst Data Management - Katalyst Data Management® provides the only integrated, end-to-end subsurface data management solution for the oil and gas industry. Over 160 employees operate in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, dedicated to enabling digital transformation and optimizing the value of geotechnical information for exploration, production, and M&A activity.
- Quorum - Quorum Software connects people and information across the energy value chain with business workflows that optimize profitability and growth.
- WellDrive - WellDrive is in the business of proactively gathering, organizing, assuring, and distributing well information from the field to the operations team and their working interest partners throughout the well lifecycle. This unrivaled service means ops teams have immediate access to well-organized well data, while also eliminating the headache and time consuming data clean up that typically occurs months after the well is completed.
- BizMetrics - Bizmetric is a technology services company based in Houston, TX. We provide services such as artificial intelligence, data Analytics and enterprise applications.
- Ripcord - Ripcord is a robotics and machine learning solution that activates data and content at scale.
- Texas A&M- The Master of Geoscience (MGsc.) is an exclusively online program through the College of Geosciences at Texas A&M University. The online degree offers more flexibility and customizability for students, which is ideal for working professionals seeking a degree while working full time – YOU SET YOUR PACE.
- Informatica - At Informatica, we believe data is the soul of business transformation. That’s why we help you transform it from simply binary information to extraordinary innovation with the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud. Cloud now. Data always.
- Schlumberger - Schlumberger is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Schlumberger provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production.
- Esri - Esri, the global leader in location intelligence, helps customers unlock their data’s potential to improve operational and business results. Esri software is deployed in more than 350,000 organizations and engineers the most innovative solutions for digital transformation, the Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics. Visit us at esri.com.
- RedEye Accurate asset data & engineering drawings that are easy to find, use & control (Cloud-based/Mobile-first App).
- Bahwan Cybertek - Geodatafy is a platform that enables key workflows for data analytics, OSDU, and data integration between siloed repositories. It provides uniform access to all your data, regardless of location (on-premise or cloud based), data type (structured or unstructured) and data domain (any E&P data). Quality metrics may be computed and visualized to assist data transfers and mastering.
- Enverus - Enverus is the leading energy SaaS company delivering highly-technical insights and predictive/prescriptive analytics; empowering customers to make fast, trusted decisions that save them money. Spanning the entire energy value chain, Enverus’ innovative technologies drive operational optimization, production and investment strategies; reveal predictability in future commodity prices; and reduce costs through automated, transparent processes across key auxiliary functions that are critical to every business.
- Resolve GeoSciences - Resolve Geosciences provides streamlined workflows to define, analyze, and QC SEG-Y seismic data. Visit us at www.resolvegeo.com to learn more.
Plan Your Trip
- The Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo will be at the Westin Houston Memorial City located at 945 Gessner Road, Houston, Texas. All Expo activities will be located on the 4th floor of the Westin Houston Memorial City in multiple rooms. Visit the agenda to see a map and layout.
Transportation & Parking
- A room block has been set up at the with the Westin Houston Memorial City for a single rate starting at $204 plus taxes/night. The room block is available through this link online or directly through the Reservations Department at 1-800-934-8461 or 1-800-228-3000.
- Self-Parking is available onsite at a 50% discounted rate for attendees. Tickets will be available onsite to get you the discount - please stop by our Registration Desk to get your ticket prior to leaving.
Beyond the networking opportunities during meals and breaks, this year the Expo programming will include a Cocktail Reception on October 25, sponsored by Snowflake. This networking reception is free to attend for anyone who would like to join the event.
- For those travelling from outside of the USA, please review the eligibility requirements with the Government of the United States. If you require a letter of introduction to attend, please email email@example.com with your contact information. Travellers are strongly encouraged to research USA entry requirements, especially as related to COVID, from government and CDC websites, prior to booking and travelling. This includes domestic travellers.
All registrations include:
- Five different stages of presentations, sessions and discussions.
- Meals and networking breaks
- Access to the Tradeshow floor to see what's new in industry.
- Access to the Snowflake Cocktail Reception on October 25.
|Two Day (Member)
| Two Day (Non-Member)
| Early Bird: $219 USD
| Early Bird: $399 USD
| Regular: $269 USD
| Regular: $449 USD
| Late: $319 USD
| Late: $499 USD
|One Day (Member)
| One Day (Non-Member)
| $149 USD
Early Bird Rates will end on September 28, 2021. Late Registration rate will begin on October 13, 2021.
MEMBERSHIPS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING. PPDM events are priced to cover costs and bring the community together. To save, be sure your membership is purchased/renewed prior to registering. Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more individuals. Other discounts such as student, speaker or sponsorship codes may apply. When multiple discounts are available, only the highest discount rate will apply. Discounts are not retroactive, so please contact us PRIOR to registering to get your promotional code.
Additional Information and Safety
Professional Development Units
This event is eligible for 5 PDUs per day attended:
To learn more about Professional Development Units (PDU) and the CPDA Certification Program, please visit our Certification Page.
Health and Safety Information
The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to the PPDM Association. We will be following all regional safe gathering guidelines, including ensuring that there is adequate social distancing opportunities at the Expo, hand sanitizer in all registration kits (thank you to Enverus), minimized line-ups and, working with our venue, strong cleanliness programs. You can read more about the Westin's Commitment to Clean in their document, which includes deeper, more frequent cleaning, less contact, redesigned food serving stations and hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel. The PPDM Association highly recommends face coverings to reduce your risk.
This year, we will also offer COVID testing at 7:00am in the Pine Room for any individuals who wish to have a COVID test, most especially anyone traveling. Emergent Testing have provided this QR code to sign up and the testing is free (if you have insurance, they will charge them, but otherwise it will be free under the CARE Act). This test is a RT-PCR test, and the results will be delivered before the end of day on October 26, 2021. Please register through the QR code.
By attending this event, you understand that PPDM Association Policies require you to follow the local/regional/WHO safe gathering guidelines including hand/respiratory hygiene, social distancing, and specific venue requirements. If you/your household has unusual fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or have a close contact who tested positive for COVID19, please do not attend this event.
You also accept on behalf of yourself, your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, you freely accept and fully assume: all risks, dangers and hazards inherent in and/or any way connected with your participation in the Event (or any part thereof). Participation in the Event has risks and hazards including risks associated with COVID-19. As a participant, you may suffer property damage, personal injury, illness, and even death. You freely and voluntarily assume all the risks and hazards of participation in the Event, including any legal risks. This means that you are giving up your right to sue the PPDM Association for any reason, including the PPDM Association’s negligence, if you suffer any damage, injury, illness, loss or death by participating in the Event. If you do not accept these terms, please do not attend the event.
This Calendar invitation is here for download. Please note: the Calendar invitation does not register you to attend.
For more information on registration, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, or group pricing please contact Elise Sommer.
Please note that all PPDM Events may be photographed for PPDM Marketing Materials. If you do not wish your photograph used in PPDM Materials, please contact Elise Sommer
Cancellation Policy: Please visit our Terms and Conditions under "PPDM Events" to view our cancellation policy. Please note that PPDM is not responsible for any travel costs related to cancellations. Substitutions may be permitted on a case by case basis.