What is the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo?
Who should attend this event?
Why should you attend?
- The PPDM Association is excited to bring back our more diverse and interactive event - the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo, April 26 & 27, 2022, at the Westin Houston Memorial City. Attendees at this year’s event can look forward to building their own experience with multiple streams of presentations, panel discussions and interactive sessions on a variety of themes.
Our agenda is now available. Please visit the Agenda tab or download our agenda here now.
We are excited to announce our keynote speakers for this year: Arun Narayanan from AngloAmerican and Ellen Nielsen from Chevron!
- We know there are many conferences out there – so why attend the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo? With five stages of presentations, discussions and sessions for two days, you can build your own event experience on a variety of topics including analytics, the cloud, digital transformation and more. Your registration includes all presentations, meals, the cocktail reception, networking breaks and more.
- Are you a student interested in attending the Houston Professional Petroleum Expo or volunteering at this event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount code. Make sure you have your free student membership active on our website!
Theme & Call For Abstracts
- The theme for the Houston Expo is "Embracing Change." We are currently accepting abstracts for this event. The deadline to submit your abstract was January 7, 2022, through our website. Talks related to analytics, seismic, cloud, data collaboration, mergers & acquisitions, simple data management processes, practical talks and using data in a new way are of interest. Talks that are interactive with the audience will be of high priority. Speakers may present more than one abstract for review if desired. All Speakers will be given a 50% discount on the registration rate for attending the event and will be required to register and provide specific paperwork including our Speakers Agreement, a short biography, and abstract in advance of the event. Speakers who do not submit their paperwork may be removed from the agenda. The Houston Leadership Team will review all abstracts submitted for the Expo. Speakers are encouraged to consider the event theme when submitting their abstract. For any questions, please email email@example.com. We are still accepting speakers for potential talks - you can submit here www.ppdm.org/abstractsubmission
- Please download our PDF agenda for the most up to date version.
- April 26, you can enjoy talks including:
- Keynote Presentation: The Future? That's So Yesterday - Ellen Nielsen (Chevron)
- The Future of the PPDM Association - PPDM Association Board of Directors
- In the Race to Stay Relevant in the Industry, You have to have the right team - Jennifer Jordan (ConocoPhillips)
- How Fit Are Your Bits? Progress and Guidance for the Data Fit Energy Organization - Jess Kozman (Katalyst Data Management)
- The Human Side of Data | The Human Side of Change - Melinda East (Focus Forward)
- Automating Data Governance for Borehole Data - John Pomeroy (Fervid Group) and George Ramirez (Occidental)
- Strategy Discussion and Workshop - PPDM Association Board of Directors
- Strategies for Managing Data: Data Lake vs Data Warehouse - Abel Tan & Jonathan Tan (PetroGrid LLC)
- Evolve or Die: Amplify Your Data To Achieve Intelligent Operations - Jerris Johnson (Paramount Field Services)
- Electric vs Conventional: What Drives the Future? Tania Mukherjee, Mery Ramirez & Telha Ghanchi (Data Connecxion)
- Case Study of Creating a Brand New Ultra-Efficient Data-driven Independent - Colin Frost (Energective) & Adrian Purdy (Cantium)
- April 27 talks include:
- Keynote Presentation: Reimagining Mining with Data and Analytics Arun Narayanan (AngloAmerican)
- The Value of a Data Marketplace and Data Products - Curley Thomas, Justin Walker, Jeff Bauer, Julia Nemanic, Hashim Abdullah, Jacqueline Rosario (Chevron)
- Title to come - Hilda Espinoza (University Lands) & TBD (S&P Global)
- A Look at Synchronization Between Your Seismic Master Repository and the OSDU Data Platform - Paul Thompson (Talus Technologies)
- OSDU Data Platform/PPDM Association Relationship - Trudy Curtis, PPDM Association
- Embracing Change - Guiding Personal Development in a Changing World - Professional Development Committee
- Embracing the Need for Seismic Data Standards - Don Robinson (Resolve Geosciences)
- OSDU Data Platform: The Promise and the Journey - Patrick Meroney & James Lamb (Katalyst Data Management)
- How Can Blockchain Simplify and Protect Ownership Rights For Your Assets - Cindy Cummings & Agustin Diz (Repsol)
- The 2 Biggest Keys to Successful OSDU Platform Adoption? Data Governance and data Enrichment through AI - Sunil Garg & Samir Jain (DataVediK)
- Harnessing Data Centric Platforms for End User Enablement - Christopher Hanton (Ikon Science)
- IPDS Open House - Amii Rozell & Shawn New (Rules Committee) & Simon Pugh (Reference Values Committee)
- Adapting Data Governance for New Energy - Jess Kozman (Katalyst Data Management)
- Enterprise Data Quality Program - Brandi Czerniewski (ConocoPhillips)
- Addressing Market Dynamics of LNG Value Chain Through Adoption of Cloud Computing - Sethupathi Arumugam, Venky Sankaran, Soham Pandya & Vimal Almadas (Infosys)
- Business-Driven Data Quality Management - Abel Tan & Jonathan Tan (PetroGrid LLC)
- What is a Facility Workshop - Tom Duong (WIAF Work Group)
- Sponsors are key to making this event a success! Learn how you can be one of our sponsors in our Sponsorship Kit. The deadline to be a sponsor has been extended to April 8, 2022.
Become an Exhibitor
Visit our Exhibitors
- In conjunction with the Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo, we will be hosting a Tradeshow to showcase your products and services directly to our attendees. Learn about what comes with an Exhibitor Booth in our Sponsorship Kit, coming soon. The deadline to be an exhibitor has been extended to April 8, 2022, and the current exhibitor layout is now available.
- S&P Global
- The Open Group - The Open Group OSDU™ Forum was formed in 2018 and has over 200 Member organizations involved in the forum. We are developing an Open Source, standards-based, technology-agnostic data platform that stimulates innovation, industrializes data management, and reduces time to market for new solutions. For more information, visit https://osduforum.org/
- Texas A&M University Master of Geoscience Online
- Katalyst Data Management - Katalyst Data Management® provides the only integrated, end-to-end subsurface data management solution for the oil and gas industry. Over 170 employees operate in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, dedicated to enabling digital transformation and optimizing the value of geotechnical information for exploration, production, and M&A activity.
- WellDrive - Organizing well data is about as fun as cleaning out your garage. It’s easy to ignore the mess… until you need to find that one whatchamacallit. WellDrive gets all your well data tidy, organized, and meta-tagged, while you barely lift a finger. It’s Data Governance, done right.
- Schlumberger - Schlumberger is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Schlumberger provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production.
- Resolve Geosciences - Resolve GeoSciences provides software and services to define, analyze, and QC seismic data. Batch scan SEG-Y files to auto-detect header formats, extract metadata, calculate statistics, and generate reports. View and analyze SEG-Y volumes, apply filters, and export conditioned files. Learn more at www.resolvegeo.com.
- Talus Technologies - Seismic Data Management is Talus' business. Our product suite, Exploration Archives, is a solution for managing, monitoring, accessing and distributing seismic data both on-prem and in the cloud. Online, offline, nearline: it's all handled.
- BlueONGS - BLUE ONGS, INC is dedicated to provide excellent customer satisfaction through the highest quality of services and software solutions delivered with careful consideration and poise. We are proud to introduce our first software solution, built on a strong blueprint, an All-In-One Suite to Manage Operational Data and Production Accounting, COSMOS
Plan Your Trip
- The Houston Professional Petroleum Data Expo will be at the Westin Houston Memorial City located at 945 Gessner Road, Houston, Texas. All Expo activities will be located on the 4th floor of the Westin Houston Memorial City in multiple rooms. Visit the agenda to see a map and layout.
Transportation & Parking
- A room block has been set up at the with the Westin Houston Memorial City for a single rate starting at $197 plus taxes/night. The room block closed on March 25 but you can try booking online through this link to get the special rate.
- Self-Parking is available onsite at a 50% discounted rate for attendees. Tickets will be available onsite to get you the discount - please stop by our Registration Desk to get your ticket prior to leaving.
- For those travelling from outside of the USA, please review the eligibility requirements with the Government of the United States. If you require a letter of introduction to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.
Pricing information coming soon. All registrations include:
- Multiple stages of presentations, sessions and discussions.
- Meals and networking breaks
- Access to the Syndigo Tradeshow floor to see what's new in industry.
- Access to the Stonebridge Consulting Cocktail Reception on April 26.
|Two Day (Member)
| Two Day (Non-Member)
| Early Bird: $219 USD
| Early Bird: $399 USD
| Regular: $269 USD
| Regular: $449 USD
| Late: $319 USD
| Late: $499 USD
|One Day (Member)
| One Day (Non-Member)
|Regular: $149 USD
|Regular: $249 USD
| Late: $199 USD
| Late: $299 USD
Early Bird Rates will end on March 30, 2022. Late Registration rate will begin on April 14, 2022.
MEMBERSHIPS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING. PPDM events are priced to cover costs and bring the community together. To save, be sure your membership is purchased/renewed prior to registering. Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more individuals. Other discounts such as student, speaker or sponsorship codes may apply. When multiple discounts are available, only the highest discount rate will apply. Discounts are not retroactive, so please contact us PRIOR to registering to get your promotional code.
Professional Development Units
This event is eligible for 5 PDUs per day attended:
To learn more about Professional Development Units (PDU) and the CPDA Certification Program, please visit our Certification Page.
Health and Safety Information
By attending this event, you understand that PPDM Association Policies require you to follow the local/regional/WHO safe gathering guidelines including hand/respiratory hygiene, social distancing, and specific venue requirements. If you/your household has unusual fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or have a close contact who tested positive for COVID19, please do not attend this event.
You also accept on behalf of yourself, your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, you freely accept and fully assume: all risks, dangers and hazards inherent in and/or any way connected with your participation in the Event (or any part thereof). Participation in the Event has risks and hazards including risks associated with COVID-19. As a participant, you may suffer property damage, personal injury, illness, and even death. You freely and voluntarily assume all the risks and hazards of participation in the Event, including any legal risks. This means that you are giving up your right to sue the PPDM Association for any reason, including the PPDM Association’s negligence, if you suffer any damage, injury, illness, loss or death by participating in the Event. If you do not accept these terms, please do not attend the event.
This Calendar invitation is here for download. Please note: the Calendar invitation does not register you to attend.
For more information on registration, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, or group pricing please contact Elise Sommer.
Please note that all PPDM Events may be photographed for PPDM Marketing Materials. If you do not wish your photograph used in PPDM Materials, please contact Elise Sommer
Cancellation Policy: Please visit our Terms and Conditions under "PPDM Events" to view our cancellation policy. Please note that PPDM is not responsible for any travel costs related to cancellations. Substitutions may be permitted on a case by case basis.