What is the New Data Ecosystem Expo?
Who should attend this event?
Why should you attend?
- The PPDM Association is excited for our next Expo event - the New Data Ecosystem, May 9 & 10, 2023, at the Red Oak Ballroom in Houston, Texas. Attendees at this year’s event can look forward to building their own experience with multiple streams of presentations, panel discussions and interactive sessions on a variety of themes. The Theme of this event is "The New Data Ecosystem."
- The Agenda is now available.
- We know there are many conferences out there – so why attend the New Data Ecosystem Expo? With multiple stages of presentations, discussions and sessions for two days, you can build your own event experience on a variety of topics including analytics, the cloud, digital transformation and more. Your registration includes all presentations, meals, the cocktail reception, networking breaks and more.
- Are you a student interested in attending the New Data Ecosystem or volunteering at this event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount code. Make sure you have your free student membership active on our website!
Theme & Call For Abstracts
- The deadline to submit an abstract has now passed.
- This year we will have different styles and lengths of presentations, with an emphasis on talks that provide an opportunity for the community to innovate and grow. Talks are not limited to the energy industry and can come from all over the data landscape and other industries.
- Priority will be given to interactive talks and presentations that offer clear learning outcomes. Case studies, especially with operators, are a preferred type. Talks can come from all industries and companies that can provide relevant content.
- Note: Submissions must include a biography, talk title, and short description/abstract. Limited spots are available, submissions should be received before January 13 for review by our Houston Leadership Team. Speakers may present more than one abstract for review if desired. All Speakers will be given a 50% discount on the registration rate for attending the event and will be required to register and provide specific paperwork including our Speakers Agreement, a short biography, and abstract in advance of the event. Speakers who do not submit their paperwork may be removed from the agenda. Speakers are encouraged to consider the event theme when submitting their abstract. For any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Please see the PDF Version for the full talk information and timing.
- May 9, 2023
- The Data Ecosystem and PPDM Update - Trudy Curtis (PPDM Association)
- How to Build an Ecosystem on Purpose and For Good - Joey Sanchez (Ion Houston)
- Automating Geo Data Management Workflows and Taking an Enterprise Approach - Seth Tribbey (S&P Global)
- Board of Directors Discussion - Allan Huber & Curley Thomas (PPDM Association Board of Directors)
- Enterprise Asset Management in the Data Ecosystem - Robert Lovelace & Joshua Hicks (Novus Consulting)
- Data Quality in Oil and Gas Exploration - Everyday Challenges - Boris Makarov (Apache Corporation)
- geoLOGIC systems Sponsor Presentation
- Leveraging New Data Ecosystems to Accelerate Lower-Carbon Pathways - Raj Kannan & Patrick Dineen (SLB)
- Data Modeling for Modern, Self-Service Analytics - Greg Baldini (Argus PBI)
- The Intersection of Public Data & Technology - John Ferrell (WellDatabase)
- A Systemic Approach to Enhance the Asset Performance Using Data Analytics - Sethupathi Arumugam & Vimal Amaldas (Infosys)
- Heat Exchanger Reliability Management with OMNI HXRs - Rileigh Presnell (EcoLab)
- Accelerating Exploration & Production Data Transfer from Field to Processing - Kristy DeMarco (Lyve Mobile) & Tammy Weir (Weir Consulting)
- A New Approach to Data Identity and Data Identity Resolution - Dag Heggelund (Pando Scape Inc)
- Expanded Data Manager Competencies (PPDM Association)
- S&P Global Cocktail Reception Sponsor Presentation
- May 10, 2023
- Storytelling: Turn Your Data Into Compelling Insights that Inspire Action - John Hetherington (We Deliver Your Vision)
- Alignment of Data Platforms and Data Management - Chris Hanton (IKON Science)
- OSDU - Turning Concepts on Paper to Early Business Success- Samanda Bell (Shell)
- Enhance your Data Ecosystem with Blockchain as a Solution for Seismic Entitlements - Cindy Cummings (Repsol) & Rebecca Hoffman (Blockchain for Energy)
- A Trusted Seismic Archive is More Than Just Online Data - Paul Thompson (Talus Technologies)
- Bridging the Gap between Data Analysis and Process Mining - Tom Broussard (evolv Consulting)
- Automated Image Digitization Using Machine Learning - Sunil Garg & Samir Jain (DataVedik)
- International Energy Data Standards Updates and Workshop (PPDM Association Work Groups & Committees)
- To Define the Problem of "Orphan" Wells - Dwayne Purvis (Dwayne Purvis PE)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence and Leading in Data - Melinda East (Focus Forward)
- Building Digital Capability is Everyone's Responsibility - Douglas Frisby (Sword ITS)
- Time-lapse Seismic Metadata Extraction for Carbon Capture and Storage Monitoring - (Ovation)
- CPDA Prep Program Curriculum - PPDM Association
- Digital Oilfield for Sustainability and Operational Excellence - Sandeep Ghosh (Perficient)
- Cross Industry Data Panel Discussion - Greg Foley (The FerVID Group), Sean Hanrahan (Platypus), Andrew Pontin (Melax Technologies) & Jim Holl (ExxonMobil)
- Sponsors are key to making this event a success! Learn how you can sponsors PPDM's biggest event in our Sponsorship Kit, now available for download. There are limited sponsor opportunities available. The deadline to be a sponsor is April 21, 2023.
Become an Exhibitor
Visit our Exhibitors
Exhibitors can access information here
specific to the event.
Plan Your Trip
- The New Data Ecosystem location is the Red Oak Ballroom at Norris Conference Centers - 816 Town & Country Blvd, Suite 210, Houston, Texas 77024.
Transportation & Parking
- There are many hotels available near the venue, including the Moran Hotel located directly across the street/skywalk from the venue. The Westin that previously had the Expo is also located only a few minutes drive. If there is sufficient request for a room block, the PPDM team will set one up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Self-Parking is available onsite at no cost.
Beyond the networking opportunities during meals and breaks, this year the Expo programming will include a Cocktail Reception, sponsored by S&P Global, on May 9. This networking reception is free to attend for anyone who would like to join the event.
- For those travelling from outside of the USA, please review the eligibility requirements with the Government of the United States. If you require a letter of introduction to attend, please email email@example.com with your contact information.
Pricing information coming soon. All registrations include:
- Multiple stages of presentations, sessions and discussions.
- Meals and networking breaks
- Access to the Tradeshow floor to see what's new in industry.
- Access to the Cocktail Reception, sponsored by S&P Global, on May 9.
|Two Day (Member)
| Two Day (Non-Member)
| Early Bird: $249 USD
| Early Bird: $429 USD
| Regular: $299 USD
| Regular: $469 USD
| Late: $339 USD
| Late: $519 USD
|One Day (Member)
| One Day (Non-Member)
|Regular: $159 USD
|Regular: $259 USD
| Late: $209 USD
| Late: $309 USD
Early Bird Rates will end on April 11, 2023. Late Registration rate will begin on April 25, 2023.
PPDM Association Memberships are only $100 USD. MEMBERSHIPS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING. PPDM events are priced to cover costs and bring the community together. To save, be sure your membership is purchased/renewed prior to registering. Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more individuals. Other discounts such as student, speaker or sponsorship codes may apply. When multiple discounts are available, only the highest discount rate will apply. Discounts are not retroactive, so please contact us PRIOR to registering to get your promotional code.
Professional Development Units
This event is eligible for 5 PDUs per day attended:
To learn more about Professional Development Units (PDU) and the CPDA Certification Program, please visit our Certification Page.
Health and Safety Information
By attending this event, you understand that PPDM Association Policies require you to follow the local/regional/WHO safe gathering guidelines including hand/respiratory hygiene, social distancing, and specific venue requirements. If you/your household has unusual fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or have a close contact who tested positive for COVID19, please do not attend this event.
You also accept on behalf of yourself, your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, you freely accept and fully assume: all risks, dangers and hazards inherent in and/or any way connected with your participation in the Event (or any part thereof). Participation in the Event has risks and hazards including risks associated with COVID-19. As a participant, you may suffer property damage, personal injury, illness, and even death. You freely and voluntarily assume all the risks and hazards of participation in the Event, including any legal risks. This means that you are giving up your right to sue the PPDM Association for any reason, including the PPDM Association’s negligence, if you suffer any damage, injury, illness, loss or death by participating in the Event. If you do not accept these terms, please do not attend the event.
This Calendar invitation is here for download. Please note: the Calendar invitation does not register you to attend.
For more information on registration, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, or group pricing please contact Elise Sommer.
Please note that all PPDM Events may be photographed for PPDM Marketing Materials. If you do not wish your photograph used in PPDM Materials, please contact Elise Sommer
Cancellation Policy: Please visit our Terms and Conditions under "PPDM Events" to view our cancellation policy. Please note that PPDM is not responsible for any travel costs related to cancellations. Substitutions may be permitted on a case by case basis.
|Thank You to our Sponsors