What is the New Data Ecosystem Expo?
Who should attend this event?
Why should you attend?
- The PPDM Association is excited for our next Expo event - the New Data Ecosystem, May 9 & 10, 2023, at the Red Oak Ballroom in Houston, Texas. Attendees at this year’s event can look forward to building their own experience with multiple streams of presentations, panel discussions and interactive sessions on a variety of themes. The Theme of this event is "The New Data Ecosystem."
- We would like to welcome our Keynote Speaker: Shaun Azimi from NASA presenting "Remote Robotic Operations Supporting Human Space Exploration."
- The Agenda is now available.
- We know there are many conferences out there – so why attend the New Data Ecosystem Expo? With multiple stages of presentations, discussions and sessions for two days, you can build your own event experience on a variety of topics including analytics, the cloud, digital transformation and more. Your registration includes all presentations, meals, the cocktail reception, networking breaks and more.
- Are you a student interested in attending the New Data Ecosystem or volunteering at this event? Contact email@example.com to get your discount code. Make sure you have your free student membership active on our website!
Theme & Call For Abstracts
- The deadline to submit an abstract has now passed.
- This year we will have different styles and lengths of presentations, with an emphasis on talks that provide an opportunity for the community to innovate and grow. Talks are not limited to the energy industry and can come from all over the data landscape and other industries.
- Priority will be given to interactive talks and presentations that offer clear learning outcomes. Case studies, especially with operators, are a preferred type. Talks can come from all industries and companies that can provide relevant content.
- Note: Submissions must include a biography, talk title, and short description/abstract. Limited spots are available, submissions should be received before January 13 for review by our Houston Leadership Team. Speakers may present more than one abstract for review if desired. All Speakers will be given a 50% discount on the registration rate for attending the event and will be required to register and provide specific paperwork including our Speakers Agreement, a short biography, and abstract in advance of the event. Speakers who do not submit their paperwork may be removed from the agenda. Speakers are encouraged to consider the event theme when submitting their abstract. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please see the PDF Version for the full talk information and timing.
- May 9, 2023
- The Data Ecosystem and PPDM Update - Trudy Curtis (PPDM Association)
- How to Build an Ecosystem on Purpose and For Good - Joey Sanchez (Ion Houston)
- Remote Robotic Operations Supporting Human Space Exploration (Keynote) - Shaun Azimi (NASA)
- Automating Geo Data Management Workflows and Taking an Enterprise Approach - Seth Tribbey (S&P Global)
- Board of Directors Discussion - Curley Thomas (PPDM Association Board of Directors)
- Enterprise Asset Management in the Data Ecosystem - Robert Lovelace (Novus Consulting)
- Data Quality in Oil and Gas Exploration - Everyday Challenges - Boris Makarov (Apache Corporation)
- geoLOGIC systems Sponsor Presentation
- Leveraging New Data Ecosystems to Accelerate Lower-Carbon Pathways - Raj Kannan & Patrick Dineen (SLB)
- How a Business Unit Leverages Technology to Make Informed Decisions Related to Well Data Management, Data Trades and Surveillance Analysis and Optimization - Amber Robbins (Chevron)
- Data Modeling for Modern, Self-Service Analytics - Greg Baldini (Argus PBI)
- The Intersection of Public Data & Technology - John Ferrell (WellDatabase)
- A Systemic Approach to Enhance the Asset Performance Using Data Analytics - Sethupathi Arumugam, Dr. Arunkumar Ranganathan, & Vimal Amaldas (Infosys)
- Optimizing Heat Exchanger Reliability with Enhanced Data Management - Rileigh Presnell (EcoLab)
- Accelerating Exploration & Production Data Transfer from Field to Processing - Kristy DeMarco (Lyve Mobile)
- A New Approach to Data Identity and Data Identity Resolution - Dag Heggelund (Pando Scape Inc)
- Expanded Data Manager Competencies (PPDM Association)
- S&P Global Cocktail Reception Sponsor Presentation
- May 10, 2023
- Storytelling: Turn Your Data Into Compelling Insights that Inspire Action - John Hetherington (We Deliver Your Vision)
- Alignment of Data Platforms and Data Management - Chris Hanton (IKON Science)
- OSDU - Turning Concepts on Paper to Early Business Success - Mark Rae (Shell)
- How to Use Responsible AI at a Corporate Level - Geoff Price (Chevron)
- Enhance your Data Ecosystem with Blockchain as a Solution for Seismic Entitlements - Cindy Cummings (Repsol) & Rebecca Hoffman (Blockchain for Energy)
- A Trusted Seismic Archive is More Than Just Online Data - Paul Thompson (Talus Technologies)
- Optimizing Oil and GAs Value Chain with Network Graphs - Vivek Anand & Nishanth Raj (Deloitte Consulting)
- Automated Image Digitization Using Machine Learning - Sunil Garg & Samir Jain (DataVedik)
- International Energy Data Standards Updates and Workshop (PPDM Association Work Groups & Committees)
- Why the Chaning World of Energy is Benefiting from Open Data Ecosystems - Reishin Toolsi (Databricks)
- To Define the Problem of "Orphan" Wells - Dwayne Purvis (Dwayne Purvis PE)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence and Leading in Data - Melinda East (Focus Forward)
- Building Digital Capability is Everyone's Responsibility - Douglas Frisby (Sword ITS)
- Rewal World Multi-Disciplinary Analytics - Nathan Zenero (WellDrive)
- CPDA Prep Program Curriculum - PPDM Association
- Digital Oilfield for Sustainability and Operational Excellence - Sandeep Ghosh (Perficient)
- Cross Industry Data Panel Discussion - Greg Foley (The FerVID Group), Sean Hanrahan (Platypus), Andrew Pontin (Melax Technologies) & Jim Holl (ExxonMobil)
- Sponsors are key to making this event a success! Learn how you can sponsors PPDM's biggest event in our Sponsorship Kit, now available for download. There are limited sponsor opportunities available. The deadline to be a sponsor is April 21, 2023.
Become an Exhibitor
Visit our Exhibitors
- Stonebridge Consulting - Stonebridge Consulting provides business advisory and technology services for the energy sector—exploration and production, pipeline, field services, power generation/utilities, and renewables. Our industry expertise, proven methodologies, and extensive project IP/accelerators enable us to deliver projects faster, generating measurable improvements in operational efficiency and saving project time and costs.
- Talus Technologies - Talus Technologies is a software development company with a team of highly skilled developers, expert data managers, and technical professionals. We developed Exploration Archives for exploration and production companies to have a robust and simple method for managing seismic data.
- Resolve Geosciences - Resolve GeoSciences provides software and services to define, analyze, and QC seismic data. Batch scan SEG-Y files to auto-detect header formats, extract metadata, calculate statistics, and generate reports. View and analyze SEG-Y volumes, apply filters, and export conditioned files. Learn more at www.resolvegeo.com.
- IKON Science - Ikon Science is a global provider of geopredictive software and knowledge management solutions that extract actionable knowledge from subsurface data. Ikon’s Curate product is an innovative knowledge management open platform that improves efficiency, visibility, and accuracy while accelerating results, and lowering costs. Ikon delivers global solutions with local support.
- Katalyst Data Management - Katalyst Data Management® provides the only integrated, end-to-end subsurface data management solution for the oil and gas industry. Over 215 employees operate in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America dedicated to enabling digital transformation and optimizing the value of geotechnical information for exploration, production, and M&A activity.
- S&P Global - EDM is S&P Global Market Intelligence’s cloud-based, workflow automation platform, with robust data management capabilities at its core. EDM leverages the deep industry knowledge and experience of S&P Global Market Intelligence as a provider of both data and technology. By optimizing workflows and delivering trusted data for decision-making and analytics, EDM increases operational efficiency; breaks down technological and functional siloes; and enables cross-company collaboration.
- The Open Group OSDU™ Forum - With over 260 member organizations involved in The Open Group OSDU™ Forum, we are developing an open source, standards-based, technology-agnostic data platform that stimulates innovation, industrializes data management, and reduces time-to-market for new solutions.
- Ovation Data - We provide our customers secure, quick access to a rich library of validated data for faster, more insightful decisions. To ensure that client assets are preserved, protected and accessible on demand, we have architected a unique blend of traditional and cloud-based solutions backed by security, performance and immediate access.
- SLB - SLB is a global technology company driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. SLB is the world’s leading technology supplier, integrated project management and information solutions to customers in the oil and gas industry worldwide.
- Agile Data Decisions - Thanks to large language models, AI has never been so supportive in capturing data, information, and knowledge from your documents! Where are you in this process of creating value from your organization’s files? Join us at our booth at PPDM New Data Ecosystem Expo in Houston, May 9th & 10th to discuss it.
- Bahwan Cybertek - Bahwan Cybertek’ s Geodatafy is a platform that enables key workflows for data analytics, OSDU, and data integration between siloed repositories. It provides uniform access to all your data, regardless of location (on-premise or cloud based), data type (structured or unstructured) and data domain (any E&P data). Quality metrics may be computed and visualized to assist data transfers and mastering.
- Denodo - Denodo is the leader in data integration and management enabling enterprises to implement a true logical data fabric across the broadest range of on-premises, cloud, structured / unstructured, and streaming data sources two-thirds faster, involving less effort, and quicker time-to-revenue than traditional approaches.
Exhibitors can access information here
specific to the event.
Plan Your Trip
- The New Data Ecosystem location is the Red Oak Ballroom at Norris Conference Centers - 816 Town & Country Blvd, Suite 210, Houston, Texas 77024.
Transportation & Parking
- There are many hotels available near the venue, including the Moran Hotel located directly across the street/skywalk from the venue. The Westin that previously had the Expo is also located only a few minutes drive. Fore more information on nearby hotels, please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
- Self-Parking is available onsite at no cost on levels 3 and 4.
Beyond the networking opportunities during meals and breaks, this year the Expo programming will include a Cocktail Reception, sponsored by S&P Global, on May 9. This networking reception is free to attend for anyone who would like to join the event.
- For those travelling from outside of the USA, please review the eligibility requirements with the Government of the United States. If you require a letter of introduction to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.
Pricing information coming soon. All registrations include:
- Multiple stages of presentations, sessions and discussions.
- Meals and networking breaks
- Access to the Tradeshow floor to see what's new in industry.
- Access to the Cocktail Reception, sponsored by S&P Global, on May 9.
|Two Day (Member)
| Two Day (Non-Member)
| Early Bird: $249 USD
| Early Bird: $429 USD
| Regular: $299 USD
| Regular: $469 USD
| Late: $339 USD
| Late: $519 USD
|One Day (Member)
| One Day (Non-Member)
|Regular: $159 USD
|Regular: $259 USD
| Late: $209 USD
| Late: $309 USD
Early Bird Rates will end on April 11, 2023. Late Registration rate will begin on April 25, 2023.
PPDM Association Memberships are only $100 USD. MEMBERSHIPS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING. PPDM events are priced to cover costs and bring the community together. To save, be sure your membership is purchased/renewed prior to registering. Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more individuals. Other discounts such as student, speaker or sponsorship codes may apply. When multiple discounts are available, only the highest discount rate will apply. Discounts are not retroactive, so please contact us PRIOR to registering to get your promotional code.
Professional Development Units
This event is eligible for 5 PDUs per day attended:
To learn more about Professional Development Units (PDU) and the CPDA Certification Program, please visit our Certification Page.
Health and Safety Information
By attending this event, you understand that PPDM Association Policies require you to follow the local/regional/WHO safe gathering guidelines including hand/respiratory hygiene, social distancing, and specific venue requirements. If you/your household has unusual fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or have a close contact who tested positive for COVID19, please do not attend this event.
You also accept on behalf of yourself, your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, you freely accept and fully assume: all risks, dangers and hazards inherent in and/or any way connected with your participation in the Event (or any part thereof). Participation in the Event has risks and hazards including risks associated with COVID-19. As a participant, you may suffer property damage, personal injury, illness, and even death. You freely and voluntarily assume all the risks and hazards of participation in the Event, including any legal risks. This means that you are giving up your right to sue the PPDM Association for any reason, including the PPDM Association’s negligence, if you suffer any damage, injury, illness, loss or death by participating in the Event. If you do not accept these terms, please do not attend the event.
This Calendar invitation is here for download. Please note: the Calendar invitation does not register you to attend.
For more information on registration, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, or group pricing please contact Elise Sommer.
Please note that all PPDM Events may be photographed for PPDM Marketing Materials. If you do not wish your photograph used in PPDM Materials, please contact Elise Sommer
Cancellation Policy: Please visit our Terms and Conditions under "PPDM Events" to view our cancellation policy. Please note that PPDM is not responsible for any travel costs related to cancellations. Substitutions may be permitted on a case by case basis.
|Thank You to our Sponsors