Join PPDM's CEO Trudy Curtis for Public Training. A Flyer is available for this Training. Note: This Training is independent from the Perth Data Management Workshop.
Four different classes will be available for this event.
August 12, 2019
Morning (8:00-12:00pm) - PDM-040: Business Life Cycle of the Well
- This course provides a general overview of the business life cycle of
the well within the petroleum asset life cycle, including planning,
drilling, completing, producing, and disposing. We will focus on
business processes, using an operating company as the basis.
Afternoon (1:00 - 5:00pm) - PDM-060: Introduction to Master Data Management
- Increasingly, the petroleum industry is focused on integrated life cycle
asset management systems that bring together critical information from
many disciplines over the decades long asset life cycle. Master data
management solutions are designed to help define and manage critical
data about assets to provide, through harmonization and data
integration, a single point of reference. This class reviews fundamental master data management principles
including: data governance, data architectures, master data, data
quality and the life cycle of data in the business. You will explore at a
high level how the PPDM data model supports master data management
August 13, 2019
Morning (8:00-12:00pm) - DM39-002: PPDM 3.9: Data Model Overview
- Designed by hundreds of industry experts to manage the data and
information created and used to manage the E&P life cycle from the
perspectives of many disciplines and stakeholders, the PPDM Data Model
is an excellent vendor neutral master data management repository. Taught from the perspective of industry business processes, this class
shows how the data model supports a wide range of business processes
from the perspective of both operators and regulators.
Afternoon (1:00 - 5:00pm) - DM39-006: PPDM 3.9: Seismic
- Seismic can be conducted on land or offshore. Recording may be two
dimensional (linear) or three dimensional (polygonal). 4D (time variant)
seismic surveys may be conducted in specific areas many times over a
period of years to study and understand how a reservoir is being
depleted through production. Each phase of the exploration life cycle is intensively data driven.
Permanent records detailing the processes and technology applied,
observations and results are retained. Suitable cataloguing practices
must be employed to ensure that this data asset is managed for the
future. This course covers the PPDM 3.9 Data Model Seismic subject area for all
stages of the life cycle for seismic sets, locations, acquisition,
processing, interpretation, and transactions.
Trudy Curtis is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Petroleum Data Management (PPDM) Association, the global Not-For-Profit society focused on data management best practices and standards and data management as a professional discipline. Based in Calgary, Canada, Curtis has nearly four decades of years of experience in the industry and is known around the world for her outspoken advocacy of data as a strategic asset, and its management as a core business function. In 1996, she joined the PPDM Association as architect, CIO and ultimately CEO of PPDM Association. Curtis is leading the way to the emergence of data management as a global discipline, the creation and industry adoption of data management standards and best practices, the development of professional development and certification programs for data managers, and the professionalism of data management in the petroleum industry.
These classes will take place will take place at the CGG Offices located at 1 Ord Street, West Perth, Ground Floor Training Room. Thank you to CGG for providing the venue.
Price Per Class: $125 USD for members, $225 USD for non-members
Note, Individual membership is only $100 USD
To register below, select how many courses you wish to take, and then select the individual courses using the 'Add' button next to the name.
How To Register
Please follow these steps to register for your classes:
- Sign in to your member or guest account. If you do not yet have a membership and wish to get the member rate, purchase your membership first (also can be done using the 'Upgrade' or 'Renew' button in your profile) then follow the next steps so the member price appears.
- Click the 'Register myself' button at the bottom of this screen
- Select the number of classes you wish to attend (one, two, three or all four). The screen will refresh after. The price will populate once the classes have been selected.
- Click the 'Add' button next to the classes that you wish to attend. There are two classes on each day. Next to the class name, the words 'In Itinerary' will appear in yellow once they've been successfully added.
- Click the 'Proceed to Checkout' button in orange at the bottom.
- Fill in your payment details (this event is in USD) and click 'Submit Order' to finish your registration.
If you encounter any issues, please contact our Help Desk.
Questions & Concerns
For questions and concerns, please contact email@example.com. Cancellation information is available on our Terms and Conditions page.
Space is limited, please register early. This event is NOT a part of the Perth Data Management Workshop
Note: This Training is independent from the Perth Data Management Workshop.
Thank You to Our Venue Host