What is the Calgary Data Management Symposium?
Who should attend this event?
- The 2018 Calgary Data Management Symposium, Tradeshow & Annual General Meeting is a two-day event featuring plenary presentations, a keynote speaker, interactive discussions, breakout sessions and networking opportunities. Taking place this year October 22-24, 2018, at the Telus Spark Science Centre near downtown Calgary, this annual event is attended by a variety of organizations and attendees from Analysts to CEOs. The agenda is now available! Download our poster for your team.
Why should you attend?
- Learn more about who attends PPDM events and why you should be one of them. Included is a letter to help you approach your management about attending this event.
- We know there are many conferences out there – so why attend the Calgary Data Management Symposium, Tradeshow & AGM?
- Learn – stay current with what’s new and changing in both the data management, and oil and gas industry. Hear about the latest innovations, processes and techniques implemented by other organizations and what they learned
- Connect – network with your peers and colleagues in a comfortable atmosphere. Meet new people or catch up with old friends.
- Reach – market your business effectively directly to petroleum data managers by sponsoring or exhibiting at the Symposium. Make new key contacts and keep your current clients up to date on your latest innovations.
- Develop – learn about professional development opportunities and how you can improve your own performance.
- And so much more…
- Are you a post-secondary or post-graduate student in the Calgary area interested in attending the Calgary Symposium for free? A Student Contest is available now - learn more in our flyer. Students are also eligible for a discounted rate, so contact us to find out more!
- The Theme for this Symposium is "A New Reality - Advancing Innovation And Value From Data Management."
- The deadline to submit an abstract for the Calgary Symposium has now passed. The agenda is now available! You can learn more about the presentations in our Abstracts and Biographies document
- geoLOGIC systems (Platinum Sponsor) - With decades of experience, strong government, regulatory and partner relationships, and proven systems and processes, we provide industry leading data solutions for thousands of clients.
- Stonebridge Consulting (Platinum Sponsor) - Stonebridge Consulting is 100% focused on oil and gas. We deliver projects end-to-end – from whiteboard concept to solution development to ongoing support. Our domain knowledge and extensive project IP drive measurable improvements in operational efficiency and reduce project timeline and costs by as much as 50%.
- WellDrive (Exhibitor) - Spend more time working with data and less time searching for it at WellDrive.com.
- Interica (Exhibitor) - Interica provides software, consultancy and services to the E&P sector globally. Interica’s new epSHARE technology leverages PPDM to deliver an innovative new approach to geoscience data management. Interica’s PRM and PARS technology enables companies to automatically identify geoscience datasets. The collected metadata is aggregated and made available to analyse and build automated actions, such as archive and delete.
- Talus Technologies (Exhibitor) - Exploration Archives is a comprehensive and dynamic software for managing, monitoring and accessing geological and geophysical data.
- CGDMS (Symposium Partner) - To create a platform for GeoScience Data Managers to share tips and best practices, ask questions of their colleagues and provide support for each other.
- Energistics (Exhibitor) - With the Digital Transformation under way in the upstream oil & gas industry, Energistics provides the data transfer standards that support the interconnection of all the actors from the well planning to the field production phases of an asset.
An Excursion to the Canadian Rocky Mountains
Timing and Pricing
- Special this year we are running a Geology Field Trip to Banff on October 22, 2018. During this one day trip you will travel west of Calgary and visit the Foothills and Front Ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This fairway has been a key focus region of the petroleum industry’s exploration, production and midstream operations for over one hundred years - and data management has evolved in tandem. The morning of the trip will focus on the technical and historical sides of the ledger. Lunch and the afternoon have been allocated to introducing participants to the town of Banff, nestled in the mountains, with a return to Calgary in time for the welcome reception. You must register in advance to be a part of this Field Trip. Waivers will be required to be signed in advance of attending the Field Trip. Spouses may also register - space is limited, so be sure to register early.
- This Field Trip is timed as follows:
- - 7:45 AM - Attendees must be at the meeting place outside of One18Empire at the Marriott Calgary Downtown (110 9th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta).
- 8:00 AM - Departure from Calgary. Enjoy a four hour geological field trip as you ride out to Banff. Stops include being in or near Copithorne Ridge, Mt Yamnuska, Lac des Arcs and Mount Norquay.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch and afternoon on own at the Banff townsite. We have some ideas for activities available.
- 3:00 PM - Attendees meet up at bus in Banff and return to Calgary in time for the Symposium Welcome Reception at 5pm (same location as pick up).
This Field Trip is $85 CAD per person for members and $125 CAD for Non-Members. You must register in advance to attend the Field Trip through the website.
Plan Your Trip
- The Calgary Data Management Symposium, Tradeshow & AGM will once again be returning to the Telus Spark Science Centre, located at 220 St. George's Drive NE,Calgary, AB, T2E 5T2. More information about the Telus Spark is available on their website: http://www.sparkscience.ca/
Transportation & Parking
- There will not be a room block for this year's event.
Free parking will be available at the Telus Spark during the Symposium. Free onsite parking codes are available (The codes are by date: Oct 22 - 20103, Oct 23 - 20214, Oct 24 - 20317), you will need to enter your license plate and codes to park. The Calgary Transit train (Saddletowne Train) can also be taken at a low cost to the 'Zoo' station, which is about a 10 minute walk from the facility - please note that payment will be required to travel to the Zoo Station of approximately $3.25CDN each trip. A transit map can be found at this link, and you can visit www.calgarytransit.com to find the schedules and plan your trip. Due to low usage in previous years, no shuttle will be organized for 2018.
Beyond the networking opportunities during meals and breaks, this year the Symposium programming will include two networking receptions.
The Welcome Reception will be an informal reception giving attendees a chance to catch up with each other in a more relaxed environment on October 23 before the sessions begin. The Welcome Reception will be in the Marriott Calgary Downtown's Lobby Lounge at 110 9th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta.
PPDM will continue tradition with the annual Tradeshow Reception at the Telus Spark on October 23, which gives attendees a chance to meet with the exhibitors and enjoy some social time with each other following the day of sessions and AGM.
- A Virtual Registration option is available, as long as a minimum of 6 individuals sign up to attend virtually. This will feature a Webex style webinar with presentation and audio.
- For those travelling from outside of Canada, please review the eligibility requirements with the Government of Canada. If you require a letter of introduction to attend, please email email@example.com with your contact information.
Prices are in Canadian Dollars and are subject to 5% GST. Individual memberships are only $100 to sign up now to save. Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more individuals. Other discounts such as student, speaker or sponsorship codes may apply. When multiple discounts are available, only the highest discount rate will apply. Discounts are not retroactive, so please contact us PRIOR to registering to get your promotional code.
For more information on registration, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, or group pricing please contact Elise Sommer.
Please note that all PPDM Events may be photographed for PPDM Marketing Materials. If you do not wish your photo used in PPDM Marketing Materials, please contact us
Cancellation Policy: Please visit our Terms and Conditions under "PPDM Events" to view our cancellation policy