The term "Compliance" defines a level of conformance between a database or software product and the published PPDM standards.
High confidence in the implementation of PPDM standards:
- Limits a software product's business risk by employing standard data definitions that have broad acceptance in the marketplace.
- Minimizes expense and errors in data acquisition, usage and maintenance.
- Leverages the accumulated knowledge of business processes.
- Provides a mechanism for energy companies to objectively determine how different software products might be compatible with their database implementation.
- Helps to focus software product developers and customers on the functional added-value features in software products, rather than on basic "commodity" components.
A "PPDM Compliant" classification of software products is therefore a positive and business-driven attribute for energy companies and their software suppliers.
Please contact the PPDM Association to provide Services and Materials required to measure and report the Compliance Rating through a Request For Proposal. All Association Members in good standing are eligible for PPDM Compliance.