Classroom, Private, Instructor-Led Webinar
Executive managers, regulators, operators, service companies, data and software vendors, Schools (educators, students). Project Managers, Geologists, O&G Engineers, Financial, Field Workers, Business Analyst, Data Governance, Data Architect, Data Management Leaders, Data Managers, Database Analyst, Software Developers.
This course provides a general overview of the business life cycle of the well within the petroleum asset life cycle, including planning, drilling, completing, producing, and disposing. We will focus on business processes, using an operating company as the basis.
Evaluation Method(s) / Metrics:
- Explain the primary business phases associated with the petroleum asset life cycle
- Discuss high-level business processes used to identify and evaluate each Opportunity, through to approval. In addition, you will review regulatory approval processes resulting in a licence or permit
- Review tasks required to drill and evaluate a well and decide on how to proceed
- Review the tasks required to take a well to its productive state, where it will begin to generate revenue
- Describe the processes used to manage the asset that generates the revenue
- Discuss the options available to the business when a well is no longer economically viable
Final Exam. Pass grade 70% or higher.
PPDM Certificate of Completion.
No special requirements associated with this course.