Professional Development (PD) is essential to establishing and maintaining a standard of excellence within a professional discipline. Work of the PPDM Association Professional Development Committee (PDC) involves raising awareness, coordinating PD activities, and providing a large breadth of learning opportunities to members within a specific discipline to guide and advance the profession itself.
To support the depth and breadth of work assigned to the PDC, the committee has established five workstreams:
- Job Families – tasked with building resources to support the professional discipline. Resources include: Job Families Grid, Job Descriptions, Competency Matrices, Career Paths, etc.
- Surveys – this group conducts surveys with our community to capture up-to-date and relevant information related to their careers. An example is the biennial Compensation Survey. Results from previous surveys are available under our Career Resources tab.
- Outreach – raises awareness at PPDM Association and industry events related to our discipline.
- Professional Development (PD) Catalogue – provides opportunities for learning through our online catalogue. This includes PPDM Association and industry-taught courses.
- Value Proposition – this group authored a Value Proposition related to the PPDM Association professional development initiatives.