Classroom, Private (Data Model Design Principles: PPDM 3.9), Instructor-Led Webinar
Regulators, operators, service companies, data and software vendors, Schools (educators, students). Project Managers, Geologists, O&G Engineers, Financial, Field Workers, Business Analyst, Data Governance, Data Architect, Data Management Leaders, Data Managers, Database Analyst, Software Developers.
Both robust and comprehensive, the size and complexity of the PPDM Data Model can pose an intimidating challenge for implementation teams. The foundation to understanding how to deploy the data model is embedded in the design principles that underlay the structure. This knowledge will help technical teams leverage the data model to achieve its potential as a master data store. Practical recommendations for implementation will give your technical team a powerful head start in getting the most out of this internationally acclaimed data standard.
This class is designed for technical implementation teams to understand the foundational architecture of the data model that will support correct implementation practices.
Evaluation Method(s) / Metrics:
- Review the key design principles of the PPDM data model
- Identify the key function and design principles of the PPDM data model
- Summarize what open standards are and how they relate to the changing face of the data model
- Recognize what business modules are and how they are connected to PPDM data model design principles
- Define and identify Data Definition Language (DDL) Components and the file extension for each component
- Summarize the need for naming and design conventions
- Identify critical rules for naming columns in PPDM 3.8 / PPDM 3.9
- Identify the component rules in PPDM 3.8 / PPDM 3.9
- Articulate a column precision mean
- Articulate four data types: dates, text strings, numbers, and unstructured data
- Articulate when Supertype and Subtype are used
- Articulate the guidelines for Supertype and Subtype use
Final Exam available upon request.
PPDM Certificate of Completion
No special requirements associated with this course.